The Anacostia Playhouse is looking for a self-motivated Social Media Specialist with a creative eye for storytelling. They will plan, develop and implement social media content that informs, entertains, and engages our viewers.
This is an hourly position, working 10-20 hours a week. The position will support our Marketing and Development departments, and reports to the Executive Artistic Director.
Success Skills include:
- Strong visual skills and a creative eye for digital content.
- Demonstrated track record of creating high-quality and impactful social media assets.
- Enthusiastic team player and collaborator.
- Creative thinker and strategist, willing and able to bring new ideas for execution.
- Passion for theatre and serving the East of the River community.
- Build a range of engaging social media content (e.g. videos, photos, polls, key messages) across all of the Anacostia Playhouse platforms.
- Create, write/edit, schedule, and publish daily posts on platforms including – but not limited to – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Edit and manage photos and videos for social media purposes.
- Analyze and assess performance across social media channels to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and impact. Prepare biweekly reporting and analysis to track social performance.
- Create and manage content calendar to ensure posts are effectively and strategically executed.
- Provide real-time social media monitoring of comments on platforms, develop a strategy for replying, and direct customer questions to appropriate teams.
- Ensure consistency of the Playhouse social guidelines and brand; manage incoming requests and deliverables.
- Identify new and emerging trends to help find opportunities to reach new audiences.
- Collaborate with Marketing on the development of the Anacostia Playhouse’s overall social media strategy to build brand awareness, and enhance audience engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing social media on behalf of an organization.
- Hands-on experience using and managing various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of creating original social media content with images or videos.
- Strong communication, copywriting, and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social media landscape, including engagement strategies, content types, and implementation.
- Experience with social media scheduling tools.
- iPhone/Apple user preferred.
Job Type: Hourly
Schedule: Self-determined schedule during core business hours (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) with the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Work Location: Hybrid remote
How to Apply: For employment consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
COVID-19 considerations: Please note: Vaccination is required as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodations will be considered.